September 30, 2015 — Volpara Solutions will be showcasing the latest updates on its breast density and quantitative breast imaging capabilities at booth (South Hall - 2377), including:
• VolparaDensity – the latest version of VolparaDensity, the benchmark in breast density assessment and clinically proven versus sensitivity of mammography and risk of developing cancer. RSNA updates include configurable breast density scorecards, a high capability server and and the ability to route patient results by Volpara’s FDA cleared Volpara Density Grades (VDG), analogous to the BI-RADS density categories.
• VolparaAnalytics v1.2 – Featuring a re-designed user interface and reporting features, VolparaAnalytics v1.2 also delivers expanded breast imaging metrics to users, including new temporal analysis tools, additional tools to analyze patient positioning and patient-dose, and time between study acquisitions.
• RSNA Presentations: Volpara and Volumetrics Related Research – The ability of volumetric breast density, patient-specific mammographic dose and volumetric breast imaging metrics to provide critical insight for optimal breast imaging workflow is the focus of numerous studies being presented at RSNA, including:
- Quantifying the potential masking risk of breast density in mammographic screening, Dr Stamatia V. Destounis, M.D.
- Volumetric breast density a strong independent predictor of interval cancer risk, Dr Stamatia V. Destounis, M.D.
- Volumetric breast density and mean glandular dose estimated from digital breast tomosynthesis projections and digital mammograms, Prof Kwan Ng
• Volpara Solutions’ complete suite of quantitative breast imaging tools: built to enable personalized measurements of volumetric breast density, patient-specific dose, breast compression and other factors to help breast imaging centers maintain accuracy and consistent quality in breast screening.
- VolparaDensity: VolparaDensity is used by radiologists to objectively assess density from digital mammograms to help doctors evaluate which women would benefit from additional screening. Highly correlated to 3D breast MR assessments, VolparaDensity is a reliable tool that automatically generates an objective measurement of volumetric breast density correlated to the ACR breast density categories. To date, more than 7-million women have had their breast density analyzed using VolparaDensity.
- VolparaAnalytics assists in quality assurance by monitoring critical elements of the breast imaging process and generating key metrics to help breast imaging centers monitor the performance of technologists, readers, and mammography and tomosynthesis machines. VolparaAnalytics provides unique information such as average pressure applied by each technologist, and breast density profiles by mammography system, helping address potential issues early.
- VolparaDose calculates mammography dose by using a standard mean glandular dose (MGD) algorithm along with patient-specific volumetric breast density to give a better estimate of the dose absorbed by the specific breast. The VolparaDose data can be inserted directly into patient letters on compatible mammography reporting systems, and sent to enterprise wide dose tracking systems.
For more information: www.volparasolutions.com