December 4, 2015 — Viztek, a Konica Minolta company, unveiled the latest edition of its popular Overhead Tube Crane (OTC) system at the Radiological Society of North America's (RSNA's) 101st Scientific Assembly and Annual Meeting, Nov. 29-Dec. 3, 2015. The second-generation OTC system was designed to provide enhanced features and further the company’s growing digital radiography (DR) product line while maximizing ease-of-use and versatility.
The new Viztek OTC System combines the benefits of Viztek’s existing chest and table systems into one unit for those facilities that are seeking a complete room replacement. The latest version demonstrated at RSNA is designed to provide significant versatility and ease of use for the technologist to enable an even smoother, faster exam for the patient.
Key features include:
- Automatic stitching at the table and upright. The system includes an automatic stitching feature making it ideal for many different types of exams.
- A unique detector enclosure. The system offers the convenience of a unique enclosure built around the detector for optimal protection.
- Enhanced automation. The new OTC system offers limitless remote control capabilities, which offer unlimited APR and pre-sets. The remote allows for increased quality care for the patient and ease of use for the technologist.
- Improved weight capacity. The new system is capable of capturing images on patients as large as 660 lbs.
- Advanced software. As with the original OTC, the new system can be paired with the Ultra DR software, Viztek’s OTC delivers improved workflow by enabling smarter navigation of the system with very few necessary clicks, while overall efficiency benefits from the upgraded stitching functions.
The system can also be paired with Viztek’s pediatric imaging software package to support dose efficiency initiatives.
For more information: www.viztek.net