Image courtesy of Viztek
December 17, 2014 — Viztek announced the introduction of its new U-Arm DR and Overhead Tube Crane (OTC) systems. Unveiled at RSNA 2014, the two new additions further expand the company’s growing DR product line. With a focus on helping radiology departments work smarter, both systems were designed to maximize ease-of-use and versatility.
Designed with the technologist in mind, the Viztek U-Arm enables exams to be completed quickly and accurately. Advanced features enable the overall exam time to be shortened, while simultaneously helping assure that the time with the patient is more focused and productive. Specific features include the following:
· New Interface. The sleek new U-Arm DR system builds on the company’s state-of-the-art functionality for quality digital imaging and is equipped with a user-friendlier interface allowing technologists to learn utilization quickly.
· Added viewing and control. Going beyond providing strictly control room capabilities, Viztek’s system enables patient-side viewing and control as well.
· Unlimited pre-programming. The U-Arm DR can have an unlimited number of positions pre-programmed into the system, ensuring that technicians are always prepared and spend minimal time re-positioning for each patient X-ray.
· Low dose software. Along with advanced stitching capabilities, the available software paired with the U-Arm DR offers a pediatric imaging package allowing facilities to effectively reduce radiation exposure to children.
Overhead Tube Crane (OTC)
The OTC combines the benefits of Viztek’s existing chest and table systems into one unit for those facilities that are seeking a complete room replacement. Also beneficial to the technologists, the system’s features provide versatility and ease-of-use to enable faster processes. Key features include:
· Remote control. The OTC system delivers enhanced usability and speed, supported by its new remote control capabilities, which offer unlimited APR and pre-sets.
· Dual movement modes. The versatile system offers the convenience of both manual and automatic options for movement mode and can take on unlimited pre-programming to ensure that the most ideal, accurate positioning for any given patient during X-ray is available at a moment’s notice.
· Advanced software. Paired with the Ultra DR software, Viztek’s OTC delivers improved workflow by enabling smarter navigation of the system with very few necessary clicks, while overall efficiency benefits from the upgraded stitching functions.
Both the U-Arm DR and the Viztek OTC system can be paired with Viztek’s pediatric imaging software package to support low dose imaging initiatives.
For more information: www.viztek.net