April 16, 2014 — Visage Imaging announced it has released version 7.1.5 of the Visage 7 Enterprise Imaging Platform, including optimized navigation and tools, and significant speed enhancements to Visage 7’s performance with massive digital mammography and digital breast tomosynthesis (DBT) studies. These new features further strengthen Visage 7’s breast imaging capabilities, providing a formidable single platform for enterprise imaging. Visage 7 enables enterprise imaging with fast, thin-client, server-side processing technology, as well as simple mobile access to imaging results via Visage EaseSM.
Using a single powerful viewer, Visage 7 enables the multi-modality display of a full complement of radiology, cardiology and non-DICOM (digital imaging and communications in medicine) images, including comprehensive support for breast imaging workflow. For example, two DBT studies — a current plus prior — represent 12 GB of data when loaded via video card for the real-time display of full-fidelity data. With Visage 7’s server-side processing, the entire set of studies can be displayed in seconds even using cable broadband network connections.
In contrast, legacy PACS (picture archiving and communications systems) require the 12 GB of DBT data to be transferred in advance to the reading workstation for radiology interpretation. This legacy network transfer has to be performed predictively and off hours, and it can saturate at-risk networks.
Visage 7.1.5 includes the following enhancements:
- Improved multi-modality breast imaging workflow, with multiple concurrent magnifiers, quadrant navigation, optimized mammography text overlays, DBT navigation and targeting tools, as well as improvements in lossless compression optimization resulting in even faster image display;
- New balloon tool provides level-set segmentation from any thin client.
- Enhanced, yet simplified, sophisticated linking of multidimensional volumes;
- 64-bit support for Mac OS X;
- Visage 7 backend server support for Windows Server 2012 R2; and
- Optimized enterprise-wide supportability and monitoring tools.
“With 7.1.5, Visage allows imaging organizations the freedom to take back control of women’s imaging, enabling the interpretation of multi-modality breast imaging studies, and all other diagnostic modalities, with a single viewer. Visage 7 offers organizations a step-change of speed and accessibility that really has no compare due to Visage’s server-side architectural advantages,” said Sam Hupert, CEO of Visage Imaging and parent company Pro Medicus.
For more information: www.visageimaging.com