December 4, 2013 — U.S. Electronics Inc. (USEI) released a range of LED-backlit diagnostic monitors, which the company is displaying at the Radiological Society of North America Annual Meeting (RSNA 2013) at booth 4734 in the South Hall. The products include a broad range of resolutions including 1.3-megapixel, 2-megapixel, 3-megapixel, 5-megapixel and 6-megapixel. Color, monochrome and touch monitors will be shown to meet varying needs in the radiology marketplace. The new LED backlighting technology provides for high brightness, long lifetime and wider color gamut compared to previous monitors, which used cold cathode fluorescent lamps for backlighting.
The selection of new LED-backlit monitors include:
- MS25i2 / CCL258i2 – 2-megapixel grayscale and color Totoku diagnostic monitors
- MS35i2 / CCL358i2 – 3-megapixel grayscale and color Totoku diagnostic monitors
- MS55i2 – 5-megapixel grayscale Totoku diagnostic monitor
- CCL650i2 – 6-megapixel color Totoku diagnostic monitor
- USE1934A – 19-inch DICOM preset, 1.3-megapixel touch monitor
Other features include improved brightness and contrast, backlight stabilization providing for digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) calibration, display port interface and internal power supply. Monochrome monitors include Totoku’s patented Independent Sub-pixel Drive (ISD) technology. A five-year standard warranty is provided on all Totoku diagnostic monitors.