June 27, 2017 — Toshiba Medical, a Canon Group company, introduced its newest magnetic resonance (MR) system, the Vantage Titan/Zen Edition 1.5T. The Zen Edition prioritizes intelligent workflow and patient comfort, providing a complete clinical offering to help clinicians make accurate diagnoses.
The new system features several patient comfort tools, workflow enhancements and new clinical applications:
- Quiet exams for more comfortable patients: Pianissimo Zen prioritizes patient comfort, making scanning even more quiet by reducing sound during acquisition by 99 percent.;
- Enhance cardiac workflow: Multi-echo T2 Mapping takes cardiac workflow one step further. T2 maps with Toshiba Medical’s updated FFE2D mEcho sequence can be used in quantification and analysis of myocardial iron overload;
- Expanded cardiac capabilities: T1 mapping that utilizes Modified Look Locker Inversion (MOLLI) sequence allows providers to acquire a more quantitative characterization of myocardial tissue within a single breath hold;
- Provide more comfortable cardiac exams: Phase Sensitive Inversion Recovery (PSIR) in the heart provides improved contrast in late-enhanced imaging and eliminates the need for calibration, allowing cardiac exams to be completed with fewer breath holds and greater patient comfort;
- Expanded clinical capabilities: Ultrashort Echo Time (UTE) captures images in tissues that generally disappear too quickly for accurate MR imaging, enabling imaging of anatomy such as the musculoskeletal (MSK) and lungs to help providers obtain more information to diagnose and treat their patients; and
- Improve workflow with automatic positioning: Automatic slice alignment for difficult procedures like cardiac, neuro and spine exams with EasyTech, which standardizes workflow with automatic positioning while delivering consistent image quality.
For more information: www.medical.toshiba.com