September 9, 2014 — Cloud provider SurDoc launched its SurLink Custom Medical File Exchange Plugin, a free plugin that allows healthcare providers to offer fast, easy, secure file exchange to patients directly from their own website. SurLink is one of the few HIPAA-compliant file exchange services available.
With the custom plugin, current and potential patients can send their patient history and records to a physician or healthcare professional directly from the website. The entire process is HIPAA compliant and the files are passcode protected. The added security eliminates the risk of data breach when handling sensitive information. The SurLink Plugin provides many other benefits to physicians and healthcare professionals including:
- Advanced processing and review of patient medical history, prior to the patient visit;
- Better care coordination among imaging centers, radiologists and referring doctors;
- Instant access to easy and convenient sharing of large files of any type (such as images);
- Lower administrative costs by eliminating paperwork, mailing and CD handling;
- Customizable with healthcare providers’ own information; and
- Increased efficiency in patient care
“The number of patients who desire the ability to electronically send and receive test results and medical records will increase dramatically in the next decade,” said SurDoc Co-Founder Yvonne Li. “We’re equipping providers with the ability to get ahead of this trend and offer patients the best experience possible, all at no cost.”
Providers can get the new plugin by simply copying a few lines of code from the SurLink website and customizing it. After placing the codes into a Web page’s html file, the software will appear on the provider website and will be available for their patients and partners to use at no cost.
For more information: www.surmd.com/surlinkplugin.html