At RSNA 2012, Philips will highlight updates to its IntelliSpace PACS (picture archiving and communications system). The image management and distribution solution has technology that gives any physician in the enterprise access to full fidelity images within three seconds – even in environments with limited network bandwidth. IntelliSpace PACS is the evolution of Philips’ iSite PACS solution. It is part of the IntelliSpace informatics solutions portfolio designed to facilitate the delivery of detailed, actionable patient information to clinicians.
Philips is showcasing the following updates:
- IntelliSpace PACS Mammography 4.4 offers the convenience and workflow advantages of reading mammography studies on PACS workstations. It combines the review speed and quality of a mammography workstation with the efficiency of PACS integrated workflow.
- IntelliSpace PACS Federation allows users to view other IntelliSpace PACS archives, or gain access to a disparate PACS, to present reports and images to the clinician with a view of a patient’s imaging history. This means that a patient’s diagnostic-quality images can move among facilities along with the patient.
- Expanded suite of clinical applications
- IntelliSpace advanced clinical applications with Philips IntelliSpace PACS 4.4 feature a full set of optional multimodality applications to help improve clinical workflow and communication while increasing diagnostic confidence for radiologists and clinicians.
- Cardiology, neurology, oncology, musculoskeletal, gastroenterology and digestive diseases are among the clinical application areas supported.
- These advanced applications are provided through a streamlined delivery model where they are distributed from the server repository, making them available on a single IntelliSpace PACS 4.4 workstation. This reduces the need for multiple multi-vendor workstations in an effort to ease workstation administration responsibilities.
- In addition, IntelliSpace PACS continues to offer an open application programming interface (API) that allows the interface of specialized applications from other vendors, resulting in enhanced clinical utility and greater interoperability.
- The Philips iSite PACS API is a standardized external interface requiring third party validation for connecting products and solutions.
For more information: www.philips.com