October 29. 2010 – The company D3 Radiation Planning has changed its name to D3 Radiation Oncology Solutions. The company chose its new name to reflect the recent expansion in the number of new solutions that D3 offers to accelerate excellence in radiation oncology.
"The future of radiation oncology belongs to those practices that recognize and address changes and challenges in the field today," said Kathy Lokay, president and CEO, D3 Radiation Oncology Solutions. "Continuing to build on our affiliation with UPMC and UPMC Cancer Centers, D3 has new solutions to help practices achieve and sustain excellence – in quality, safety, efficiency, and outcomes."
D3's new suite of solutions, which will be launched at the upcoming ASTRO Annual Meeting in San Diego, includes:
• D3 Radiation Oncology Pathways: The pathway solution for radiation oncology is developed and maintained by a distinguished group of academic and community radiation oncologists. D3 Radiation Oncology Pathways provide treatment recommendations for each unique patient presentation in a Web-based interactive decision support tool. In an era of increased payer scrutiny over the appropriateness of utilization and costs of cancer care, D3 Radiation Oncology Pathways help practices prove their quality and avoid external administrative oversight.
• D3 Quality Assurance and Peer Review Programs: These solutions support practices to ensure quality and patient safety, differentiate themselves in their market, and prepare to achieve American College of Radiology (ACR) or American College of Radiation Oncology (ACRO) accreditation.
• Flexible Options for Treatment Planning: D3 now offers practices with multiple locations and high patient volume assistance in establishing their own centralized treatment planning centers of excellence. D3 also continues to offer On-Demand Dosimetry to centers experiencing short- or long-term dosimetry staff vacancies. D3's expertise in treatment planning is unsurpassed. Since 2001, D3 has developed more than 20,000 treatment plans.
• Clinical Training: D3's experienced, ABR board certified and clinically active medical physicists and dosimetrists work in collaboration with practices to accelerate and optimize the application of advanced technologies through hands-on operations and clinical training coupled with extensive post-training validation and peer review.
• Commissioning: Whether fully outsourced or facilitated, D3's commissioning solutions are performed in a consultative manner with a rigorous methodology from acceptance testing and data collection to modeling and validation. And D3 now has experience commissioning Varian TrueBeam.
"Our clinical staff has an average of 20 years of radiation oncology experience, and since 2001 we have supported more than 250 practices in the U.S. and internationally," said Greg Ross, chief operating officer, D3 Radiation Oncology Solutions. "With the D3 suite of solutions, we are applying our expertise and experience to help practices be successful as they face today's intensifying demands for quality, safety and efficiency."
D3 Radiation Oncology Solutions is exhibiting at the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO) Annual Meeting at the San Diego Convention Center, Oct. 31 – Nov. 3, 2010. D3 will be at booth 121.
For more information: www.d3rad.com