December 9, 2013 — NEC Display Solutions of America, a provider of commercial LCD display and projector solutions, announced the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) market clearance of the 24-inch MultiSync MD242C2 referral-grade, widescreen display for diagnostic review applications in healthcare organizations.
The 2.3-megapixel, 24-inch display with in-plane switching (IPS) panel is designed to provide precise color reproduction and wide viewing angles. Factory-calibrated uniformity control provides accurate imaging across the screen.
In addition, the display includes out-of-the-box calibration to the Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine (DICOM) grayscale display function for luminance. An integrated front sensor constantly monitors and adjusts brightness to maintain the factory DICOM grayscale standard display function (GSDF) calibration. The MD242C2 also includes a human presence sensor that can automatically dim the screen to conserve power and display life as well as a Quick QA function for checking DICOM conformance without a computer. The monitor’s stand has four-way ergonomic functionality including height-adjust, swivel, tilt and pivot.
The MD242C2 display offers a 1000:1 contrast ratio, 1920 by 1200 native resolution and 180 cd/m2 (candela per square meter) of calibrated brightness. Its 14-bit lookup tables provide 1,024 levels of gray out of a palette of 3,826. The display meets the needs of healthcare facilities requiring consistent and accurate medical imaging using picture archiving and communication systems (PACS).
The display also offers DisplayPort, DVI-D, HDMI and VGA inputs plus a built-in three-port USB Hub with DisplaySync Pro.
Overview of MD242C2 features:
- 24-inch IPS panel and 2.3-megapixel resolution with wide viewing angles
- 1000:1 contrast ratio
- 1920 by 1200 native resolution
- 180 cd/m2 calibrated brightness (350 cd/m2 typical brightness)
- Factory calibrations to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- Quick QA Test feature for an easy DICOM conformance check
- GammaCompMD QA software for worry-free calibration and conformance to the DICOM standard
- 14-bit internal lookup table (LUT), which provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
- Integrated three port USB 2.0 hub with DisplaySync Pro, which easily connects to peripherals
- DisplayPort, DVI-D, HDMI and VGA inputs
- 150 mm height adjustability in landscape orientation (103 mm in portrait), as well as pivot, tilt and swivel
- Medical certifications, including UL60950-1, UL60601-1 with FDA 510(k) clearance
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS)-compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
The MultiSync MD242C2 is available at an estimated street price of $1,899. The display ships with a five-year limited parts and labor warranty including Advanced Overnight Exchange.
For more information: www.necdisplay.com