August 5, 2014 — The 2014-15 U.S. News and World Report rankings of the nation’s Best Hospitals were recently released. More than 40% of the cited top 17 hospitals depend on image archive and management software developed by TeraMedica.
This year’s Best Hospitals list includes approximately 5,000 medical centers across the United States, ranking each facility in the 16 most common medical specialties. Hospitals with very high scores in at least six clinical departments earned a spot on the Honor Roll, with only 17 hospitals making this year's list. Those hospitals include:
- Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
- Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
- Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
- Cleveland Clinic
- UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
- New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell, New York
- Hospitals of the University of Pennsylvania-Penn Presbyterian, Philadelphia
- UCSF Medical Center, San Francisco
- Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston
- Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Chicago
- University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
- Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, Los Angeles
- UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
- Duke University Hospital, Durham, North Carolina
- NYU Langone Medical Center, New York
- Mount Sinai Hospital, New York
- Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, St. Louis
Evercore integrates and manages patient-centric clinical content in the clinical and research settings across wide geographies, including standard DICOM objects. Evercore also possesses the ability to natively manage and distribute beyond DICOM using global standards such as MPG, JPG, PDF and many other critical clinical content such as treatment plans for cancer care or vital reports in non-standard formats.
TeraMedica’s patented Smartstore module intelligently manages the total image lifecycle of all DICOM and non-DICOM content. The Univision module provides a multi-layer, zero-download image viewer, with seamless integration to any EMR/EHR/PHR/RHIO.
For more information: www.teramedica.com