October 30, 2012 — MIM Software Inc. announced the availability of MIM 5.6 at the American Society for Radiation Oncology’s (ASTRO’s) 54th Annual Meeting.
MIM Maestro and MIMpacs RTTM offer tools for IGART (image-guided adapted radiation therapy), deformable QA (quality assurance), biological dose evaluation, OIS interoperability and research extendibility. These tools include:
- Reg Reveal (patent pending) – Increased acceptance and clinical use of deformable registration has created the need for improved quality assurance of these algorithms. Reg Reveal is the first and only environment for deformable QA and reporting.
- Biologically Effective Dose – MIM’s new BED and TCP modeling now makes multimodality dose accumulation and comparison a practical reality.
- ART Assist – MIM has made significant enhancements to their fully customizable IGART processing and reporting tool which automatically quantifies changes to a patient over the course of radiation delivery. ART Assist makes true dose-guided adaptive radiation therapy possible.
- MIM Extensions – By enabling users to “plug in” their own algorithms, MIM Extensions will shorten the time to take research from bench to bedside. Composed using either Java or Matlab, algorithms can be seamlessly integrated into MIM software using the elegant API.
- OIS Compatibility – MIMpacs RT now includes enhanced OIS interoperability, allowing DICOM and DICOM RT data stored in the OIS to be simply archived in MIMpacs and restored to the OIS as needed. Using MIMpacs will also allow institutions to seamlessly leverage MIM’s image viewing and processing solution.
For more information: www.mimsoftware.com