September 16, 2011 — McKesson Enterprise Medical Imaging will be demonstrating the latest release of its radiology information system (RIS) and picture archiving and communication system (PACS) at the Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) 2011 meeting.
Their comprehensive radiology solutions – Horizon Medical Imaging and McKesson Radiology Manager are designed to improve workflow. Both products have infrastructure updates and usability enhancements - from order entry, to data storage, image analysis and report distribution.
The highly scalable architecture offers a cost-effective solution to facilities requiring a complete storage and information management solution. The company’s disruption-free implementation methodology ensures users achieve shorter time to value realization.
Several sites have shared their success stories at how implementing these solutions has reduced costs and improved efficiency, patient care and physician satisfaction:
- A small, community hospital implemented Horizon Medical Imaging to help them improve their business and better prepare for the future.
- A highly efficient practice that performs more than1.5 million exams/year needed to replace its dated PACS before it significantly impacted their ability to serve users. With the McKesson solutions they were able to increase data availability, with a cost efficient and regulatory compliant storage solution.
- A newly constructed facility decided it was time to rebuild from the inside out by consolidating and implementing the enterprise solution from McKesson including improved integrations to numerous third party applications.
- A busy facility faced the familiar challenge of not having the necessary staff to manage all the projects on its IT and radiology strategic roadmap to traverse multiple projects as needing a highly skilled PACS administrator and a project manager to handle multiple projects. Based upon her previous history and satisfaction with McKesson as a partner, she turned to their Staff Augmentation services for a solution.
McKesson’s devices offer numerous tools to improve radiology workflow, including:
- Workflow solutions - Critical Results and Peer Review - to help meet regulatory requirements and streamline workflow without affecting productivity
- Web-based tools to organize and share images, teaching files and reference case information
- A radiologist productivity tool that is a natural extension to display protocols for efficient analysis of complex, high-volume studies
- Newly released “Report Connector” software that addresses the needs of a multi-vendor, heterogeneous environment
For more information: www.mckesson.com