October 21, 2019 — Laurel Bridge Software recently celebrated its 20th anniversary of helping healthcare providers and original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) manage DICOM (Digital Imaging and Communications in Medicine) information and medical imaging workflows. The company will highlight its solutions and services that enable healthcare organizations to ingest, access, move and manage medical imaging data at the 2019 Radiological Society of North America (RSNA) annual meeting, Dec. 1-6 in Chicago.
Laurel Bridge Software was incorporated in 1999 as an outgrowth of their original company, Blair Computing Systems Inc. (BCSI). BCSI was started in 1986 to provide application development services that enabled healthcare vendors to capture and share medical image information. Laurel Bridge initially focused on developing a fully object-oriented DICOM toolkit library that simplified implementation of the DICOM Standard for OEM users and ultimately expanded into applications that help manage imaging workflow.
Laurel Bridge applications now encompass an entire suite of enterprise-capable imaging workflow and data orchestration solutions. These are often integrated with each other to address complex workflow requirements. Applications include:
- Compass – Routing Workflow Manager provides a scalable architecture that can serve the high throughput and sophisticated medical imaging ingestion, routing, anonymization and tag-morphing requirements of the largest integrated health systems. It includes dictation system integration, dose tracking integration and artificial intelligence (AI)/machine learning (ML) workflows;
- Navigator – Imaging Retrieval Workflow Manager addresses complex enterprise imaging prior exam fetching and normalization workflows, typically involving multiple facilities, picture archiving and communication systems (PACS) and vendor neutral archive (VNA) systems;
- Waypoint – Consolidated Modality Worklist consolidates multiple existing modality worklists and HL7 exam order feeds from any number of hospital scheduling systems across a health system into a single enterprise modality worklist;
- Exodus – Migration and Consolidation Controller provides a comprehensive solution to assess, plan, perform, validate, and report DICOM archive and consolidation activities; and
- Beacon – Enterprise Study Q/C Manager centralizes and simplifies the on-demand Q/C management of DICOM study metadata in the age of enterprise imaging and deconstructed PACS.
Laurel Bridge serves customers globally and includes healthcare providers, OEMs, teleradiology firms and AI algorithm companies of all sizes.
For more information: www.laurelbridge.com