July 23, 2013 — AFC Industries Inc. announced its Whitestone imaging workstation, now available for the first time in neutral gray. The workstation addresses the need for an integrated workstation with proper adjustable lighting, controlled climate and enhanced acoustics in one ergonomically-friendly unit.
Repetitive stress injury (RSI) is an important problem that affects every radiologist, regardless of level of training, specialty, location, and whether they are in an academic, hospital or private practice. Published research from Massachusetts General Hospital in Boston found that the most common musculoskeletal symptoms of RSI included: neck pain (42.8%), lower back pain (39.2%), headache (32.1%), shoulder pain (32.1%) and wrist pain (7.4%). In fact, 70 percent of the sample had reported seeing a physician to address these symptoms.
- Complete electronic adjustment capabilities for surface height in sit or stand positions, surface tilt, and both vertical and horizontal adjustment of monitors;
- Monitor brackets supporting large monitors weighing up to 50 pounds;
- Acoustical properties to wraparound privacy partition to reduce extraneous sounds and create a quieter environment for concentration;
- Ambient LED backlighting with dimmer control to alleviate eyestrain and improve readability of images;
- A pop-up data port and USB unit built into the work surface for convenient and tidy connection of almost any ancillary digital or electronic device;
- Multichannel cable management that keeps wires neat and unobtrusive and allows for important separation of power and electric wiring;
- And an environmental heating and cooling system controlled at the workstation to allow for direct regulation of temperature and alleviates heat generated by computer equipment.
For more information: www.afcindustries.com