March 30, 2023 — Hyland Healthcare, whose solutions are used by more than half of the hospitals in the United States, will showcase its comprehensive suite of content services and enterprise imaging solutions at this year's Health Information Management System Society’s (HIMSS) annual conference April 18-20.
Hyland will demonstrate and detail solutions that are helping its customers bridge interoperability gaps and overcome key challenges as identified in the 2023 HIMSS State of Interoperability and Connected Care survey* and 2023 HIMSS Payer Research survey**:
- 65% of health systems lack medical images and other unstructured patient information at the point of care.
- 72% of unstructured patient data is inaccessible and unavailable for analysis within the organization.
- Fewer than 30% of payers find it easy to access unstructured content or documents while viewing the member record.
At HIMSS, Hyland will feature its latest and enhanced products and partnerships that are driving the digitally connected era of healthcare; highlights include:
- Newly launched Intelligent Diagnostic Imaging and Point of Care solutions will provide organizations a comprehensive imaging strategy by orchestrating workflows and serving the diverse imaging needs of specialty care.
- Enhanced API integrations for etherFAX and eFax Corporate that accelerate secure delivery of clinical data into Hyland’s content services platform. With automated classification, patient records are sorted by type through Intelligent MedRecords and viewed within the electronic health record (EHR) through Hyland Clinician Window.
- Extended partnership with WorldView that will deliver a solution that automates the capture of patient records for discharge planning, referral and release of information to post-acute providers to enhance patient care and reduce costs for avoidable hospital stays.
- Dedicated Hyland robotic process automation (RPA) workstation to demonstrate the value of having an end-to-end business process automation strategy that automates manual and repetitive tasks.
- Expert presentations that address emerging trends and industry best practices impacting healthcare. Join Lyle McMillin, Hyland’s senior manager of product management, at the AWS booth on April 18 at 11 a.m. to learn more about why customers are considering medical imaging in the cloud. Additionally, hear from McMillin at the Interoperability Showcase about how to bridge organizational data gaps using interoperability best practices.
*HIMSS Market Insights research report: 2023 State of Interoperability and Connected Care. This survey was conducted among 115 qualified respondents who work in IT, informatics, business and clinical roles at U.S. hospitals and health systems. Sixty-two percent (62%) of participating hospitals had greater than 500 beds. Thirty-eight percent (38%) had 500 beds or less. Hyland was not identified as the survey sponsor.
**HIMSS Market Insights research report: November 2022 Payer Research. This survey was conducted among 55 qualified healthcare payer respondents who work in executive, IT/technology, claims, member services, analytics, operations, care management, provider network management, health informatics and administration roles within the United States. Organizations included health insurance carriers/payers (73%), payviders by partnership (9%), provider-sponsored health plans (7%), payviders by ownership (4%), payer owned by another organization (4%), government payers (4%). Hyland was not identified as the survey sponsor.
For more information: HylandHealthcare.com