March 3, 2013 — Hologic Inc. is a developer, manufacturer and supplier of diagnostic products, medical imaging systems and surgical products, with an emphasis on serving the healthcare needs of women. It will showcase its portfolio of products for breast cancer screening and diagnosis, breast biopsy, osteoporosis risk assessment and extremity imaging at the annual meeting of the European Society of Radiology, in Vienna, Austria, March 6-10. Hologic is offering three tomosynthesis-related events at ECR.
ECR Satellite Symposium
"Breast Tomosynthesis: Evolution and Adoption Across Europe," March 8, 2-3:30 p.m. in the Austria Center Vienna, Room C. The symposium will feature speakers from various countries throughout Europe, including:
- Fiona Gilbert, Cambridge, United Kingdom - The use of breast tomosynthesis in the screening assessment in the UK
- Melcior Sentis, Sabadell, Spain - Using breast tomosynthesis with C-View 2-D images and tomosynthesis guided biopsy: our experience in Spain
- Francesca Caumo, Verona, Italy - Diagnostic and interventional use of breast tomosynthesis: our experience in Italy
- Martin Sonnenschein, Bern, Switzerland - The use of breast tomosynthesis with C-View images and tomosynthesis guided biopsy in daily practice: our experience in Switzerland
- Per Skaane, Oslo, Norway - Incorporating breast tomosynthesis in a population-based screening program: our experience in Oslo
Breast Tomosynthesis Education Sessions
There will be eight 75-minute breast tomosynthesis education sessions from March 7-9. Each session includes hands-on experience reading breast tomosynthesis images in combination with conventional and generated (C-View) 2-D images.
Breast Biopsy Guided by Tomosynthesis Training Workshops
There will be 14 breast biopsy guided by tomosynthesis training workshops, March 7-9. Each workshop will include an overview of the first clinical experiences with vacuum-assisted breast biopsies guided by tomosynthesis prior to a demonstration of a phantom procedure. There will be time at the end of each session for hands-on training.
Other products on display include:
- Horizon Bone Densitometry (DXA) System. Shown for the first time in Europe, Hologic's Horizon DXA system provides a single platform for osteoporosis and obesity assessment, visualization of abdominal aortic calcifications and an innovative new feature enabling atypical femur fracture assessment.
- Selenia Dimensions Avia Package. A cost-effective option for customers seeking a 2-D screening only or 2-D screening and diagnostic solution, this package provides an upgrade pathway for interventional and tomosynthesis capabilities.
- Fluoroscan InSight-FD Mini C-arm. Featuring flat panel detector technology, this system is designed specifically for orthopedic and extremity surgeons and offers a thin profile and improved workspace access with enhanced ease of positioning.
- Breast Biopsy Systems. Hologic's Eviva and ATEC breast biopsy systems are designed to conduct minimally invasive biopsy procedures under stereotactic, ultrasound or MRI guidance.
For more information, visit www.hologic.com