January 20, 2009 — The Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) released the recipients of its Annual Awards Program.
HIMSS will recognize this year’s 50 outstanding industry leaders and organizations during its Awards and Recognition Banquet on Saturday, April 4, at the Fairmont Chicago Hotel.
Award recipients are selected by various HIMSS Committees, Work Groups and Task Forces, and then are given final approval by the HIMSS Board of Directors. The call for nominations for the 2009 awards opens in August. More information on HIMSS Annual Awards Program is available online.
The award winners include:
- Patricia Skarulis, vice president and CIO, Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center (CHIME-HIMSS John E. Gall Jr. CIO of the Year Award)
- Rosemary Kennedy, RN, MBA, chief nursing informatics officer, Siemens Medical Solutions (Nursing Informatics Leadership Award)
- Brian R. Jacobs, M.D., CMIO and executive director,
Center for Pediatric Informatics, Children’s National Medical Center (Physician IT Leadership Award)
- Todd H. Cooper (ACCE-HIMSS Excellence in Clinical Engineering/IT Synergies Award)
- Lawrence E. Dux, CPHIMS, FHIMSS (SHS-HIMSS Excellence in Healthcare Management Engineering/Process Improvement Award)
- Cherokee Indian Hospital Authority, Cherokee, N.C, and New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, Trenton, N.J. (Public Health Award of Excellence)
- Cardiology Consultants of Philadelphia, Philadelphia, PA; Oklahoma Arthritis Center, Edmond, OK; Palm Beach Obstetrics & Gynecology, Lake Worth, FL (Ambulatory Care Award of Excellence)
- Columbia Basin Health Association, Othello, WA; Community Health Access Network, Newmarket, NH; New York Children’s Health Project, New York, NY; White River Rural Health Center Inc., Augusta, AK (Community Health Organizational Award of Excellence)
- Eastern Maine Medical Center, Bangor, ME (Organizational Award of Excellence)
For more information: www.himss.org