The Radiological Society of North America's (RSNA) 98th annual scientific assembly is set for Nov. 25-30, 2012, at McCormick Place in Chicago. The event is the largest radiology meeting in the world, with about 60,000 expected to attend. It includes nearly 3,000 educational sessions as well as hundreds of vendors displaying as part of the technical exhibition, encompassing three large halls.
Imaging Technology News (ITN) can help guide your visit to the show floor with a summary of key technologies that vendors are showing. ITN has created the RSNA FastPass microsite, which lists products being displayed by modality.
Here are some of the upcoming highlights for this year's meeting:
See the finest breakthroughs emerge at the largest exhibition of radiology-related products and services. For more information, visit www.rsna.org/Technical_Exhibits.aspx.
Visit RSNA Services, located in Lakeside Center Ballroom, for demonstrations and assistance with RSNA's offerings and initiatives. For more information, visit www.rsna.org/rsna_services_area.aspx.
Chicago Tours and Events
Chicago offers an exciting array of sights, sounds and scenes to see throughout the week of the annual meeting. RSNA has teamed up with Hosts Chicago and Bloomingdale's to offer visitors exclusive ways to experience Chicago during RSNA 2012. This year's lineup includes multiple city tours, shopping excursions, culinary experiences, museum exhibits and theater performances. Six days of tours are offered. For more information, visit www.rsna.org/Tours_and_Events.aspx.
"Patients First" 5k Fun Run
Visitors are invited to join colleagues along Chicago’s beautiful Lake Michigan shore for the "Patients First" 5k Fun Run, sponsored by Intelerad, to benefit medical imaging investigators. Participants can sign up as a runner or walker for the event. The sign-up donation is $30, will benefit the RSNA R&E Foundation, and is fully tax deductible. Participants receive a commemorative T-shirt. For more information visit www.rsna.org/Tours_and_Events.aspx
Educational highlights include:
- Brazil Presents: RSNA’s continuing series highlights discoveries, techniques and practical clinical applications from investigators in Brazil.
- Nuclear Medicine/MI Campus: Courses, exhibits and presentations featuring nuclear medicine/molecular imaging are housed together for focused study.
- CIR Spanish Program: Emergency Radiology: This session offers a series of presentations for the Spanish-speaking radiologic professional, with available English translation.
- For Hospital Administrators: The Hospital Administrators Symposium addresses compliance and coding, radiology reimbursements and anticipated technology advances.
- RSNA DxLive: Bring your mobile device and test your knowledge against that of your colleagues in these fast-paced expert-moder.
- Mock Jury Trial: Witness the process of a medical malpractice trial in a case of overexposure to ionizing radiation.
- Resident and Fellow Symposium: Tailored for radiology residents and fellows, this program helps trainees make informed decisions as they embark on their careers.
- Radiologist Assistants Symposium: Four interactive refresher courses designed to meet the educational needs of radiologist assistants (RA) as defined by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT).