August 31, 2017 — Fujifilm Medical Systems U.S.A. Inc. was recently designated the enterprise imaging partner of choice for several healthcare providers across the nation. Specifically, Fujifilm has secured contracts with seven healthcare systems, including two of the largest healthcare networks in the mid-Atlantic region, Hackensack Meridian Health and West Virginia University Health System, for installations of various products from its comprehensive Synapse Enterprise Imaging portfolio. The installations will include Synapse 5 PACS (picture archiving and communication system), Synapse VNA (vendor neutral archive), Synapse Mobility Enterprise Viewer, Synapse Cardiovascular and Synapse Cloud Services.
Fujifilm offers a comprehensive solution covering all areas of enterprise imaging. Through its acquisition of TeraMedica, Fujifilm’s VNA provides an organizational content management layer that provides the core to any EI strategy, allowing the healthcare system to begin eliminating imaging silos and gain the cost benefit of a centralized system, while also pursuing the new standard of on-demand access to a complete patient imaging record.
Recently, Fujifilm signed contracts for its enterprise imaging solutions with the following facilities:
- Capital Health, Pennington, N.J. Capital Health is comprised of two hospitals, an outpatient facility, and various primary and specialty care practices. Capital Health contracted with Fujifilm for PACS replacement;
- Elliot Hospital, Manchester, N.H. The cornerstone of Elliot Health System (EHS), Elliott Hospital is the largest provider of comprehensive healthcare services in southern New Hampshire. The 296-bed acute care facility contracted with Fujifilm for PACS replacement and Synapse VNA installation;
- Greater Hudson Valley Health System (GHVHS), Middletown, N.Y. GHVHS is a New York State, not-for-profit corporation and the active parent company for two member hospitals, Catskill Regional Medical Center and Orange Regional Medical Center. GHVHS provides healthcare to nearly 450,000 residents in Orange, Sullivan and Ulster counties. GHVHS contracted with Fujifilm for PACS, VNA, Enterprise Viewer and Cardiovascular PACS;
- Hackensack Meridian Health, Edison, N.J. An integrated network, Hackensack Meridian Health is comprised of 13 hospitals and more than 200 ambulatory care centers, fitness and wellness centers, home health services, rehab centers and skilled nursing centers spanning from Bergen to Atlantic counties. Hackensack Meridian is replacing multiple PACS systems with Synapse 5 PACS;
- Halifax Health, Daytona, Fla. Recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures, Halifax Health serves Volusia and Flagler counties, providing a continuum of healthcare services through a network of organizations including a tertiary hospital, community hospital, psychiatric services, a cancer treatment center, the area’s largest hospice and several walk-in facilities. Halifax Health signed a contract with Fujifilm for multiple Synapse products including PACS replacement, VNA, Enterprise Viewer, RIS (radiology information system), and Cardiovascular PACS;
- Valley Medical Center, Renton, Wash. As the largest nonprofit healthcare provider between Seattle and Tacoma, Valley Medical Center serves over 600,000 residents. In addition to the hospital, the Medical Center operates a network of four dozen primary care, urgent care and specialty clinics. Valley Medical Center contracted with Fujifilm for PACS replacement, VNA and Enterprise Viewer; and
- West Virginia University Health System, Morgantown, W. Va. WVU Medicine includes the physicians, specialists and sub-specialists of the West Virginia University School of Medicine; the affiliated schools of the WVU Health Sciences Center; four community hospitals; three critical access hospitals; and a children’s hospital, all anchored by a 645-bed academic medical center that offers tertiary and quaternary care. WVU contracted with Fujifilm for replacement of multiple PACS systems with Synapse 5 PACS, Cardiovascular and Synapse VNA.
For more information: www.fujimed.com