September 27, 2011 – Eizo Nanao Technologies Inc. announced it has received 510(k) clearance from the U.S Food and Drug Administration (FDA) for its RadiForce LS560W monitor with LMM 56800 medical display system. It is designed for use in interventional radiology and surgical suites.
The LS560 is a large 56-inch widescreen monitor with a 3,840 × 2,160 native resolution and bundled large monitor manager. It can place and size source windows on the monitor so they are easily arranged.
Furthermore, the LMM 56800 facilitates creating different sets of window layouts according to special application needs. The flexibility in arranging and changing window size optimizes the workflow of surgeons and interventionalists. Important pictures can be scaled to the desired size and less important information can be moved out from visible area. Different workflow scenarios can be predefined and recalled on demand.
The monitor’s redundant component architecture (two power supplies, two backlights, two transmission links) ensures a high degree of operational reliability for fail-safe environments. A monitoring function can be configured to notify the system if operating conditions become critical or a component fails. It comes with a programmable software interface that can be controlled by customer applications. A service interface provides diagnostic and status information.
Security features such as redundancy and cyclic life check of major system components, together with a fast signal processing speed of less than 16 ms per channel, are also included for further functionality.
The LS560W provides:
- 8 MP resolution with 450 cd/m2 brightness, 1,200:1 contrast ratio and 176 degree viewing angles.
- Easy replacement of six 1.3 megapixel monitors without bezels.
- Automated brightness stability.
- Integrated calibratable LUT.
- Redundant component architecture for highest operational reliability.
The LMM 56800 can:
- Collect 21 simultaneous signal sources.
- Arrange information in flexible on-screen layouts.
Optional accessories include:
- TDL log line that carries signal up to 36 m (118 ft) without degradation
- Analog converter box for various modalities and input signals
- 10.1-inch touch panel operation console
- 8 MP video splitter/ HD scaler
- Medical grade full HD 47-inch LCD
For the highest degree of customer assurance, all components in patient vicinity comply with stringent medical, safety, and EMC emission standards. In addition, Eizo's quality management system for medical devices is ISO 13485 certified.
For more information: www.radiforce.com