August 17, 2012 — In addition to showcasing its new DRX-Revolution mobile X-ray system, Carestream also announced the availability of new capabilities and software features for its DRX-Evolution DR (digital radiography) suite that can help manage dose, improve image quality and enhance patient care. The DRX-Evolution is a modular DR room that utilizes the wireless DRX detector and can be configured to fit each user’s budget, space and workflow needs.
New capabilities for the DRX-Evolution focus on dose management and image quality enhancements:
- Image processing techniques optimized for pediatric views can suppress noise and enhance detail based on patient age and weight. Age/weight categories are consistent with current U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines on pediatric imaging.
- Linear tomography aids in viewing anatomy obscured by overlying organs and tissues.
- Asymmetric collimation helps limit patient exposure during an exam, and vendor-neutral IEC exposure index values allow technologists to see if they are within an acceptable exposure range.
- Pneumothorax Visualization Software creates a companion image (from the original exposure) that accentuates the appearance of free air in the chest cavity to aid in visualization of a collapsed lung.
- Chest imaging software outlines areas in the image to alert a technologist if a retake might be needed due to incorrect positioning.
The DRX family of imaging systems includes: DRX-Revolution, DRX-1 system, DRX-Mobile retrofit kit, DRX-Evolution, DRX-Transportable system and DRX-Ascend system.
For more information: www.carestream.com