April 17, 2018 — Carestream Health is taking orders for its new Carestream DRX-Revolution Nano Mobile X-ray System in the United States. The company will be issuing budgetary quotes for healthcare providers in European Union countries as it completes the CE marking requirements. Carestream also has applied for a Health Canada License.
This portable X-ray system uses Carbon Nano Tube technology to deliver significantly reduced size and weight when compared to existing mobile X-ray systems. It is scheduled for availability in the United States, Canada and Europe in the second quarter of 2018. It will be available in other countries as international regulatory approvals are completed.
The DRX-Revolution Nano Mobile X-ray system is a lighter weight, non-motorized system that is easy to maneuver and position for patient imaging. It complements the Carestream DRX-Revolution Mobile X-ray System, which is designed to capture inpatient, outpatient and ER exams at facilities of all sizes.
The new DRX-Revolution Nano system includes:
- Fully integrated digital radiography workflow;
- Carbon Nano Tube technology and an advanced lithium iron phosphate battery that contributes to longer life;
- A sleek design with enhanced visibility both over and around the system;
- A compact footprint and total weight of about 220 pounds (100 kg) that makes it easy to maneuver and position in tight spaces; and
- A choice of Carestream wireless detectors including Carestream DRX-1, DRX Core, DRX Plus and DRX 2530C detectors in several sizes.
For more information: www.carestream.com