August 31, 2015 — Carestream Health introduced its third generation of digital DRX detectors, the Carestream DRX Plus 3543 and DRX Plus 3543C. The new detectors are faster and lighter than previous generations and offer a host of features to help users achieve higher productivity and improved image quality. Both devices have received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) clearance and are available in the United States and Europe.
The new detectors offer higher detective quantum efficiency (DQE) to enable improved image quality and lower dose. In addition, the newly designed detectors can be submerged in one meter of water for 30 minutes without failure, which achieves IPX Level 7 rating for liquid resistance and the IEC standard 60529. A reduced weight and thinner profile allows even easier handling.
Other advantages include:
- Fast frame rate provides compatibility with advanced applications in the future;
- Tri- and bi-color LEDs offer improved feedback of detector status;
- On-detector calibration file storage means quicker setup of the detector on multiple systems;
- Faster calibration time, boot time, preview time and full-resolution display time boost workflow; and
- Beam detect mode (for room retrofit applications) eliminates the need for cable connection to the generator. Image capture will automatically start when the detector senses the X-ray exposure.
Battery life has been significantly increased in the new detectors to enable more imaging between battery changes, and a battery hot swap now allows a quick battery change without a reboot.
The DRX Plus 3543 is designed for general radiography imaging while the DRX Plus 3543C cesium iodide detector offers benefits for pediatric and other dose-sensitive applications.
The new generation of DRX Plus detectors is designed to work with all other DRX systems within a provider’s environment. These detectors also can be inserted into almost any existing X-ray system to deliver enhanced functionality.
For more information: www.carestream.com