October 19, 2011 — Carestream Health announced enhancements to its image acquisition software used with Directview Vita/Vita LE/Vita SE and Point-of-Care computed radiography (CR) systems. The new software enhances workflow and offers advanced processing capabilities.
It will begin shipping with all new tabletop CR systems in early November and is currently available for order as an upgrade to existing tabletop CR systems.
New features include:
· A new database for better management of patient studies
· Customizable user interface to enhance productivity
· Ability to transmit digital X-ray images with a single mouse click and output images to DVD directly from the scan screen
· Advanced editing tools such as enhanced image processing options, additional annotation features, and detailed image analysis; and
· An improved CD/DVD viewer that lets physicians rapidly view and analyze images.
The new software platform also offers an optional Reject Analysis Tool that collects and reports the reasons any images were rejected, so any positioning or imaging problems can be immediately corrected.
For more information: www.carestream.com