February 3, 2015 — Carestream Health was awarded 66 new patents from the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office in 2014 for innovations in radiology imaging, healthcare information technology (IT), dental imaging and other areas. The company also received 34 additional patents in European and Asian countries last year.
New patents earned by the company’s scientists and engineers include:
- New image capture technologies related to the development of cone beam computed tomography (CT) systems designed for orthopedic extremity imaging;
- Enhancements to Carestream’s portfolio of healthcare IT systems that manage, store and share patient data and medical imaging exams;
- Continued technology advances in Carestream’s growing portfolio of radiology systems;
- Continued developments in Carestream imagers and media that provide affordable printing of digital X-ray exams onto medical film and paper; and
- New product features for Carestream Advanced Materials in the area of transparent conductive films for use in flexible touch panel displays for such products as digital wrist devices, smartphones, digital tablets, laptops and electronic displays.
For more information: www.carestream.com