April 23, 2009 — Carestream Health reported that the KODAK CARESTREAM Mammography Workstation has more than 100 healthcare providers worldwide, providing a solution to streamline reading of digital breast exams.
The workstation is designed to enable diagnostic review of all breast imaging exams (FFDM, ultrasound, MR, CR and others), as well as general radiology exams.
“Productivity at many U.S. facilities is hampered by the need to read full-field digital mammography (FFDM) exams on each vendor’s proprietary workstation, and then switch to additional workstations to review other types of breast exams. The need for an efficient workflow is driving strong sales for our flexible multi-modality workstation,” said Stephen W. Archer, Director of Worldwide Marketing, Mammography Solutions, Carestream Health.
Radiologist Lori Strachowski, M.D., played a leading role in selecting a new breast imaging workstation platform for San Francisco General Hospital’s Avon Breast Center. “Carestream Health’s multi-modality workstation can integrate with an existing PACS and all vendors’ FFDM systems. It’s easy to use and it also offers mammography-specific functionality that is important for productive reading,” she said. “This combination of features is exactly what we were looking for.”
Carestream Health’s workstation offers many time-saving features including user-customizable hanging protocols and an eight-key programmable mouse. “Our RIS/PACS administrator created my protocols to mimic the image presentation I was used to with film. This made it very easy to transition to a digital environment,” said Radiologist Eric Jelinger, MD, of Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Mary’s Ohio. “I also appreciate being able to initiate commands with the mouse while continuously viewing images.”
The more than 100 healthcare providers worldwide have ordered the KODAK CARESTREAM Mammography Workstation. U.S. healthcare facilities that have placed orders include:
- Hill Country Memorial Hospital, Fredericksburg, Texas
- Joint Township District Memorial Hospital, St. Marys, Ohio
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, Calif.
- Mercy Medical Center, Des Moines, Iowa
- San Francisco General Hospital, San Francisco, Calif.
- St. John Health System, Tulsa, Okla.
In addition to its multimodality workstation, Carestream Health’s portfolio of digital mammography products includes:
- Mammography-specific modules that supply specialized patient scheduling and communications, as well as reporting capabilities, for its RIS/PACS platform.
- Digital capture of mammography images on its KODAK DIRECTVIEW CR systems in Canada, Europe, Australia, Asia and other regions of the world where approved for use.
- Computer-aided detection software for its CR-based mammography exams, which is currently available outside the United States; and
- High-resolution output to KODAK DRYVIEW Laser Imaging Systems.
For more information: www.carestreamhealth.com