Three Palm Software’s WorkstationOne is a breast imaging workstation software that offers a distinctly different style of enterprise integration and interpretation workflow.
The workstation’s reportedly simple interface is designed to meet the most demanding radiologists’ needs.
- “Single-click” navigation streamlines reading sequences from opening a study to generating a report.
- Customized mammographic-specific reading and hanging protocols for both screening and diagnostic study interpretation.
- Incorporates expert viewing methodology including Tabár’s systematic viewing masks for searching for subtle radiographic abnormalities.
- Eight current and prior images are displayed immediately when the next study is opened, with multiple priors accessible by single click.
- Current images are high-lighted in all hanging protocols to minimize the risk of misdiagnosis from priors.
- Full-resolution image viewing navigated using a mouse wheel; visual tracing of pixels that have been viewed - no need to manually pan and zoom the images to view all pixels at full resolution.
- Electronic grease pen allows the radiologist to markup the image display any time; and automatically generate corresponding mammography recall form and/or screening report.
- Range of modalities are FFDM, CR, digitized films, ultrasound and MRI and an integrated CAD and GSPS display.
According to the company, the most important technical specifications are:
- Runs on Windows with the dotnet framework (2.0 at minimum).
- To be used with one color monitor for user navigation and two high-resolution monitors (FDA cleared for primary diagnosis of mammograms).
- Acts as a storage SCP for MG for-presentation studies, US, MRI, GSPS and Mammography SR reports.
- Acts as storage SCU to output GSPS or SC for report or measurements.
- Optionally can use a modality worklist as a hint for up-coming studies (to trigger pre-fetch) and for composing an interpretation worklist.
Enterprise features include:
- Follows industry standards, compatible with IHE Mammo guidelines.
- Images, GSPS and SR can be pushed to the workstation, or can be retrieved from PACS.
- There are two levels of pre-fetch - optimistic storage to local disk based on an expected worklist, plus caching to memory during the reading cycle using the interpretation worklist.
- Even with no user logged in, the system automatically pre-fetches studies.
- Application honors the security settings of the enterprise – so can work within the policies that an enterprise implements as part of its HIPAA compliance.
OEM vender features include:
- Software-only install, so can easily be deployed in the field.
- Runs on a range of Windows platforms (e.g., XP, XP-x64 and Vista).
- Low maintenance system pre-fetches and cleans up data automatically.
- Stand-alone configuration tool (allowing service configuration of site settings).
- Customization capabilities include the ability to provide alternate mechanisms for triggering prefetch, desktop worklist integration, and bidirectional interfaces with RIS and mammography reporting systems.