October 1, 2009 - The Women’s Center – Center for Breast Care at Boca Raton Community Hospital has been named one of the nation’s Top Women’s Imaging Centers to Watch in 2009 by Imaging Technology News. The Center is joined by only four others in earning this accolade, including such preeminent institutions as Baylor University Medical Center and Vanderbilt Medical Center.
The magazine’s annual review of hospitals and facilities recognizes the most advanced and “forward thinking” imaging centers. The honorees tend to be early adapters of new technology, participants in clinical trials and employ novel techniques and imaging systems.
In bestowing the accolade to the Center for Breast Care, the magazine’s editors noted:
• The Center’s focus on personalized breast care throughout all phases of the care cycle beginning with high-risk genetic testing and individualized prevention programs.
• Imaging protocols developed by Kathy Schilling, M.D. to carry personalized care in the screening and diagnostic phase, staging and treatment planning.
• A spectrum of imaging services including state-of-the-art mammography, Automated Breast Ultrasound, MRI, bone densitometry and PEM (positron emission mammography)
• The first PEM-guided biopsy in the United States.
• Operational efficiency with same-day evaluation and reporting.
• Patient satisfaction scores in excess of 90 percent.
• An emphasis on teamwork whereby comprehensive services surrounding breast care are delivered in one location.
“I am proud of the Women’s Center and this tremendous accomplishment,” said Kathy Schilling, MD, medical director of Imaging and Intervention at the Center. “Every day, we strive to offer our patients the highest quality healthcare experience, coupled with access to state-of-the-art equipment, dedicated imaging specialists and breakthrough research, all in a compassionate, caring environment.”
“We are extremely honored by this recognition and to be distinguished alongside some of the premier women’s imaging centers in the country,” said Joseph Kleinman M.D., chief of radiology at Boca Raton Community Hospital. “It is an apt reflection of the stellar skills of our physicians, nurses, technicians and support staff, and indicative of the cutting-edge imaging technology we offer to our patients.”
“This is yet another testament to the quality and service our institution provides in women’s health, imaging and cancer care,” said Jerry Fedele, president and chief executive officer of Boca Raton Community Hospital. “It is most gratifying to see our program honored in such a notable fashion.”
Imaging Technology News is the widest reaching provider of new product information, technology trends and application strategies in the fields of medical imaging and radiation technology with a circulation of 35,000 readers. The article, “Top Women’s Imaging Centers to Watch in 2009” was published in the September issue and can be viewed at www.ITNonline.net.
For more information on the Women’s Center – Center for Breast Care or to schedule an appointment, please call 561.955.5000.