Frost & Sullivan selected Aurora Imaging Technology, Inc. as the winner of the 2006 for Niche Player of the Year award for its role as a technology leader in dedicated breast MRI, signaling that MRI is having a significant impact in breast imaging.
Aurora has the only FDA-approved magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scanner solely for use in breast imaging, and the system can perform breast exams for early detection and long-term monitoring of patients.
“With diagnostic imaging centers growing at a rate of ten percent annually due to the high demand for specialized imaging procedures and high MRI reimbursement rates, Aurora is leveraging the need for sophisticated breast imaging by providing systems that allow physicians to perform diagnostic procedures as well as interventional work. The Dedicated Breast MRI has found a well-defined place in the field of women’s care," said said Frost & Sullivan Industry Analyst Subha B. Basu, Ph.D.
The Aurora 1.5T Dedicated Breast MRI System with Bilateral SpiralRODEO is applied to a wide range of indications in breast disease management including:
· Detecting or excluding the existence of cancer in high risk women
· Characterizing indeterminate clinical or mammographically detected abnormalities
· Determining the extent of cancer for treatment planning
· Detecting occult cancer
· Evaluating patients for residual disease following surgery
· Monitoring cancer response and the extent of residual disease after neoadjuvant chemotherapy
· Evaluating implant integrity and detecting cancer in women with breast augmentation