Eizo Nanao Corp, (EIZO) will debut the RadiForce GS521, a new 5 megapixel (2048 × 2560 native resolution) monochrome LCD monitor at RSNA 2009.
Like all the other RadiForce diagnostic monitors, the grayscale tones for each RadiForce GS521 unit are adjusted at the factory to comply with DICOM Part 14. Furthermore, they are calibration compliant with DICOM Part 14 to ensure continuing monitor quality control.
"Information volume” of original digital mammography images typically exceed 5 million pixels. When a lower resolution monitor displays this "information volume," the monitor stretches the information with shadings appearing as mosaic pixels. With a 2048 × 2560 resolution or 5.24 million pixels, the stretching effect is minimized so the monitor is suitable for rendering subtle masses and calcifications, within the mammography image.
Along with EIZO's new frame rate control technology (patent pending), 4,096 (12-bit) grayscale tones can be displayed simultaneously from an abundant palette of 13,771 tones for high-definition digital mammography1.
The RadiForce GS521 is one of the first monitors from the RadiForce series that comes with DisplayPort next generation connectivity. With a DisplayPort connection, a large volume of information can be transmitted at once, which means the RadiForce GS521 can more easily adapt to high resolution or multi-grayscale display.
The RadiForce GS521 comes with a Sub-Pixel Drive (SPD) function capable of displaying 15 megapixels by controlling each sub-pixel separately2. With a 2048 × 7680 super high resolution, sufficient information volume of the original medical image will be displayed, making the monitor suitable for rendering the outline of a detailed digital mammography image more sharply.
For quality control, EIZO offers RadiCS and RadiNET Pro software packages (sold separately). RadiCS offers precise monitor calibration with the bundled UX1 sensor, self-diagnosis function, and acceptance and constancy testing for standards such as AAPM, ACR, and EUREF. RadiNET Pro is web-based network quality control management software for performing remote quality control operations on up to 8,000 monitors from a central location.
The RadiForce GS521 carries the 2009 version of EIZO’s in-house environmental label – EIZO Eco Products (EEP). Since its inception in 2002, EEP has set strict internal requirements for manufacturing and packaging. EIZO Eco Products 2009 includes new stipulations such as the monitor must not consume any power when turned off, consume less than 1.5 watts in power save mode, and that its eco profile be available on company website.
Additional features include:
- EIZO offers two cutting edge graphics boards for the RadiForce GS521: the Xenia Pro and MED-V5600.
- Available in clear base and blue base versions with a choice of glare or non-glare panels.
- Pairing of monitors to ensure image display consistency for customers requiring two or more units.
- EIZO patented brightness stabilization function quickly stabilizes the brightness level at startup or upon wakeup and compensates for brightness fluctuations caused by the ambient temperature and the passage of time.
- Digital Uniformity Equalizer (DUE) function for optimum brightness uniformity.
- CAL Switch function allows for various calibration modes to be selected from the front panel buttons for different modality images.
- Compliance with stringent medical, safety, and EMC emissions standards including TÜV/GM, the CE Medical Device Directive, and UL60601-1.
- Recommended brightness level is guaranteed as long as the backlight is within the hours of usage specified in the warranty.
- Five-year warranty.
- RadiCS LE quality control software with self-diagnosis and self-calibration functions included.