July 22, 2014 — NEC Display Solutions of America’s new 30-inch MultiSync MD302C6 LCD wide-screen display received U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 510(k) market clearance for diagnostic review applications in healthcare organizations.
The 30-inch flat panel color display, NEC’s first six-megapixel unit, features an IPS panel and LED backlight and is designed to provide precise grayscale reproduction and wide viewing angles. The monitor’s 16-bit lookup table provides 1,024 levels of gray out of a palette of 4,096, when using a 10-bit DisplayPort connection.
The MD302C6 monitor includes out-of-the-box calibration to the digital imaging and communications in medicine (DICOM) grayscale display function for luminance. An integrated front sensor constantly monitors and adjusts brightness to maintain the factory DICOM GSDF calibration.
The monitor also features dual DisplayPort and DVI-D inputs, allowing the MD302C6 to function as a drop-in replacement for dual three-megapixel color diagnostic displays.
Also included is NEC’s GammaCompMD QA software, which ensures worry-free calibration and conformance to the DICOM GSDF standard. The software ensures consistent image quality and an easy-to-use QA environment for medical imaging. Optionally, GammaComp MD Server software provides computer networks with centralized control and management of multiple display systems.
The MD302C6 feature set includes:
- 30-inch IPS panel and six-megapixel resolution with wide viewing angles
- 1000:1 contrast ratio and 400 cd/m² calibrated brightness (800 cd/m² native resolution)
- Dual three-megapixel replacement functionality
- Integrated front sensor to maintain calibration for the life of the display
- Factory calibration to the DICOM grayscale function for luminance
- 16-bit internal lookup table (LUT), which provides for more finely detailed, high-definition rendering of color images and crisper display of even the most delicate shadings
- Integrated two port USB 2.0 hub for easy connection to peripherals
- Dual DisplayPort and DVI-D inputs for drop-in dual three-megapixel replacement
- 150 millimeter height adjustability in landscape orientation (103 millimeter in portrait), as well as tilt and swivel
- Medical certifications, including UL60950-1, UL60601-1 and FDA 510(k) clearance
- Restriction on Hazardous Substances (RoHS) compliant
- Five-year limited warranty with Advanced Overnight Exchange
For more information: www.necdisplay.com