January 29, 2007 - FUJIFILM Medical Systems USA announced today that for the third year it will be funding educational travel grants for the American Roentgen Ray Society (ARRS) Annual Meeting, May 6 – 11, 2007, in Orlando, FL. Two radiology residents or fellows will be awarded with grants, valued at $2,500 each, to help cover registration and courses for the entire ARRS meeting, as well as lodging and travel to and from the conference. The award winners will be notified April 1, 2007, and formally recognized during the Scholars and Awards session that will be held on Tuesday, May 8, 2007, at 10 a.m. at the ARRS’s 107th meeting.
Program requirements are as follows:
- Applicants must be a third or fourth year radiology resident or a fellow at the time of the ARRS Annual Meeting in May 2007.
- Awardees must currently be enrolled in a residency program in the U.S.
- Awardees must either be a current member of ARRS or have a membership application pending at the time of the application. (Residents and fellows are provided complimentary membership to the ARRS. Log on to www.arrs.org for a membership application if you are not currently a member.)
Applicants are required to provide the following:
- A one- to two-page, double-spaced personal statement of why you would like to attend the ARRS Annual Meeting and what you hope to get from the experience
- A copy of your resume (CV)
- A letter of recommendation from your training/program director, including a statement that you are in good standing. Please include contact information for the training/program director
The application deadline is March 1, 2007, and applications should be submitted via fax or email to Necoya Lightsey at 703-729-4839 or [email protected]; or mailed to: ARRS, c/o Annual Meeting Educational Grant, 44211 Slatestone Court, Leesburg, VA 20176. For more information about the ARRS travel grants sponsored by FUJIFILM Medical Systems USA, please contact Courtney Kraemer, 203-363-3924 or [email protected]