October 18, 2007 - AMD Telemedicine today announced it created a deployable telemedicine kit and is working to identify disaster organizations, first-responder teams and medical facilities around the world that would be able to deploy this type of medical equipment in the event of a disaster.
With the kits, healthcare providers in the field would have the ability to send photo images of inner ear/nose/throat, trauma to extremities, soft tissue injuries, captured ultrasound images, digital 12-lead electrocardiograms, digital lung capacity reports, and heart or lung sounds. The specialist in the field would then send the information to a medical specialist via satellite, Internet, or Integrated Services Digital Networks (ISDN), providing an evaluation and/or consultation for these remote victims using live videoconferencing or store and forward applications.
The new transportable, telemedicine kit includes:
- AMD-2500s General Examination Camera, a powerful general examination camera, is the first analog camera to combine power zoom, auto focus, freeze frame capture, and electronic image polarization in one diagnostic device
- AMD-3550 SmartSteth Digital Electronic Stethoscope, permitting the recording, analysis and transmission of high-quality lung and heart sounds
- AMD-2015 ENT/Otoscope for comprehensive ear, nose and throat (ENT) examinations, it combines the functionality of a high performance otoscope, a short sinus scope and an oral exam scope in a single diagnostic device
- AMD-3920 Digital Spirometer for PC , the PC-based digital spirometer that supports a full range of diagnostic cardiac and pulmonary applications including expiratory reserve volume (REV), relaxed vital capacity (VC) and forced vital capacity (FVC), forced expiratory volume (FEV), peak expiratory flow (PEF), and maximal voluntary ventilation (MVV).
- AMD-2020 Direct Opthalmoscope, the video version of a diagnostic direct ophthalmoscope which enables viewing and illumination of retina, head of optic nerve, retinal arteries, vitreous humor, through an undilated pupil. Images can be captured in freeze frame for extended review.
- AMD-5500 SmartProbe Ultrasound , the system on a chip provides 128 channel resolution in a laptop PC.
- AMD-3875 12 Lead Interpretive ECG for PC, when connected to the serial port of a PC, converts any Windows 98/NT platform into a real-time 12 Lead ECG machine with Interpretation.
- AMD Image Management System - a quick software program to organize individual patients, conditions, and screenshots while at the emergency scene.
For more information: www.amdtelemedicine.com