Artificial intelligence was by far the hottest topic in both radiology and radiation oncology in 2019, and AI is the subject of 8 of the top 2019 ITN videos. This image is a prostate treatment plan created autonomously by a machine learning algorithm from RaySearch and is the subject of the No. 2 video on the list.
Here are the top 20 best performing videos posted on the Imaging Technology News website (ITN) from the past year, based on Google Analytics. This included more than 102,577 pageviews for videos in 2019:
1. VIDEO: The Role of the Physicist in Proton Therapy — Interview with Mark Pankuch, Ph.D., director of physics and dosimetry at the Northwestern Medicine Chicago Proton Center
2. VIDEO: Use of Machine Learning to Automate Radiotherapy Treatment Planning — Interview with Leigh Conroy, Ph.D., University Health Network, Princess Margaret Cancer Center, Toronto, Canada
4. VIDEO: Artificial Intelligence Driven Adaptive Radiotherapy System Begins Treating Patients — Interview with avid Sjostrom, Ph.D., Herlev Hospital, Denmark
5. VIDEO: Use of a Fully Self-contained Brain Radiotherapy System — Interview with Stephen Sorensen, Ph.D., DABR, chief of medical physics, St. Joseph's Hospital and Medical Center, Phoenix, Ariz.
7. VIDEO: Y90 Embolization of Liver Cancer at Henry Ford Hospital — Interview with Scott Schwartz, M.D., interventional radiologist, Henry Ford Hospital
8. VIDEO: A Discussion on Proposed FDA Rules for Mammography Reporting — Interview with Wendie Berg, M.D., Ph.D., chief scientific advisor to DenseBreast-info.org and professor of radiology at University of Pittsburgh School of Medicine
9. VIDEO: Creating a Low-cost Radiotherapy System for the Developing World — Interview with Paul Liu, Ph.D., Image X Institute at the University of Sydney, Australia
10. VIDEO: Radiation From Medical Imaging in U.S. Dropped Over Past Decade — Interview with Mahadevappa Mahesh, Ph.D., chief of medical physicist, Johns Hopkins University, Baltimore, and co-chair of the National Council on Radiation Protection and Measures Report (NCRP)
11. VIDEO: Proton Therapy Treatment at Northwestern Medicine — Interview with Bill Hartsell, M.D., medical director at the Northwestern Medicine Chicago Proton Center
12. VIDEO: Clinical Use of the ViewRay MRIdian Linac System at Henry Ford — Interview with Benjamin Movsas, M.D., chair of radiation oncology at Henry Ford Cancer Institute
14. VIDEO: New Advances in CT Imaging Technology — Interview with Cynthia McCollough, Ph.D., director of the Mayo Clinic CT Clinical Innovation Center and the 2019 president of the American Association of Physicists in Medicine (AAPM)
17. VIDEO: AI That Second Reads Radiology Reports and Deals With Incidental Findings — Interview with Nina Kottler, M.D., vice president of clinical operations, Radiology Partners
18. VIDEO: Managing a Multi-site Radiology Practice With AI-based Workflow — Interview with Andrew Deutsch, M.D., MBA, chairman and CEO of Renaissance Imaging Medical Associates (RIMA), an affiliate of Radiology Partners
20. VIDEO: Implementation of Artificial Intelligence Tools in Radiology Practice — Interview with Lawrence Tanenbaum, M.D., Radnet vice president and chief technology officer