September 8, 2011 - Virtual Radiologic (vRad) announced its acquisition of Diagnostic Imaging Inc. (DII), a leading Pennsylvania and New Jersey-based radiology practice serving the greater Philadelphia area for the past 35 years.
The practice will continue to operate under the DII name and retain local physician leadership, while joining the national vRad Radiology Alliance network of radiologists. As an alliance member, DII's hospitals and patients will benefit from:
- vRad's next-generation technology platform, improving efficiencies in radiologist workflow
- 24/7/365 clinical and operational support
- Quality assurance programs delivering high accuracy
- The shared expertise of more than 400 radiologists spanning all radiology subspecialties
- Enhanced communication tools for hospitals and ordering physicians
DII is a 60-radiologist practice serving 16 hospitals and imaging centers in the Pennsylvania and New Jersey metropolitan areas. The company has grown to be the largest private-practice radiology group serving these communities.
The company is the latest of vRad's radiology practice partnerships. New York Radiology Alliance, a 60-radiologist practice serving 12 hospitals and 30 imaging centers in the greater New York metropolitan area, joined in August 2010.
For more information: www.vrad.com