March 12, 2018 — At the 2018 Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society (HIMSS) Annual Conference and Exhibition, March 5-9 in Las Vegas, Siemens Healthineers showcased new additions and updates to its Digital Ecosystem,1 an open and secured environment for healthcare stakeholders that houses a range of digital offerings from Siemens Healthineers and other partners based on shared healthcare data. Within the Siemens Healthineers cloud, different data sources can be integrated and processed, supporting a large variety of application types. To date, almost 2,000 institutions from roughly 50 countries take part in the Digital Ecosystem, continuously feeding data into this platform to derive insights based on innovative applications and services.
At HIMSS 2018, Siemens Healthineers unveiled a number of new partners and applications:
- Amra Medical: An international digital health company, it is the first in the world to transform images from a rapid, six-minute whole body magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scan into precise, 3-D-volumetric fat and muscle measurements, enabling high accuracy and precision when assessing lean tissue changes, muscle fat infiltration, and overall metabolic status;
- Circle: Circle Cardiovascular Imaging Inc. develops cvi42, a cardiovascular post-processing software for the analysis of MRI and computed tomography (CT) images, providing rapid analysis with high accuracy;
- Combinostics: Combinostics’ cNeuro cMRI application turns MRI brain images into objective measurements of brain structures, supporting early diagnosis in Alzheimer’s disease and other neurodegenerative diseases;
- Cranberry Peak: Approved by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) for the Appropriate Use Criteria Program, Cranberry Peak’s ezCDS application provides compliance with ease for Protecting Access to Medicare Act (PAMA)/Medicare Access and CHIP Reauthorization Act (MACRA) mandates with a patent-pending artificial intelligence (AI) assistant serving as a clinical decision support (CDS) mechanism. With multilingual voice and conversational interface, ezCDS helps physicians spend more time with patients and less with computer screens, creating the user experience of the future in healthcare;
- Precision Image Analysis (PIA): PIA is a service provider of cloud-based, advanced medical image post-processing and analysis. PIA offers an opportunity to avoid training personnel, software and hardware capital costs and employ an on-demand post-processing expert. Completed analyses are returned and auto-appended to original patient studies on the client’s picture archiving and communication system (PACS) for final diagnostic interpretation by the physician; and
- XIFIN: XIFIN is the first partner to offer solutions for the clinical laboratory on the Siemens Healthineers Digital Ecosystem. Their flagship cloud-based revenue cycle management (RCM) solution optimizes the laboratory’s financial performance by maximizing efficiency, improving cash collection, and delivering financially accurate and actionable business intelligence.
All digital offerings will be available through a special marketplace, the Digital Ecosystem Store. The store allows users to search for, request a quotation or trial, and download offerings as part of specific subscription models. Offerings available in the store cover cloud-based and locally installed deployments. Due to the collaborative nature of the Digital Ecosystem, customers and patients benefit from an ever-expanding range of digital health offerings.
For more information: www.usa.healthcare.siemens.com
1. The Siemens Healthineers Digital Ecosystem is under development and not commercially available in the U.S. and other countries. If the services are not marketed in countries due to regulatory or other reasons, this service offering cannot be guaranteed.