March 14, 2019 — Hologic Inc. announced it has received a CE mark in Europe for its Omni hysteroscope, a three-in-one modular scope with advanced visualization capabilities designed for both diagnostic and therapeutic hysteroscopic procedures. Obstetricians and gynecologists (ObGyns) can use the new Omni hysteroscope in out- and inpatient settings.
The Omni scope is designed to help ObGyns simplify the process of diagnosing and treating patients. Often, a surgeon requires a diagnostic scope to look in the uterine cavity for fibroids or polyps, then switches to an operative scope to biopsy or treat the pathology. With the new Omni scope, ObGyns can use the same scope with different sheath options to conveniently see and treat pathology.
Additional features include:
- Premium MyoSure optics for quality visualization and clarity throughout the procedure;
- Sheaths designed with smaller diameters (3.7 mm diagnostic sheath; 5.5 mm operative sheath; 6 mm operative sheath) to reduce dilation required and promote patient comfort and easy insertion;
- Long 200 mm working length facilitates easier access and treatment for obese patients;
- Simple assembly and disassembly so sheaths can be changed out easily between procedures;
- Operative sheaths can be used with Hologic’s Aquilex hysteroscopic fluid management system; and
- Compatible with all MyoSure tissue removal offerings including MyoSure Reach, MyoSure XL, MyoSure Lite, and MyoSure Manual devices.
For more information: www.hologic.com