August 23, 2019 — Glassbeam Inc. revealed several technology enhancements in its Rules & Alerts engine that make it dramatically easier and faster for users in large organizations to create and maintain rule-based notifications. This new functionality now comes bundled with machine learning algorithms for triggering alerts based on anomalous values on various types of medical imaging system sensor and log data. Combined with several other features, the new functionality enhances the rules lifecycle management across hundreds of users inside a large enterprise environment where they can create, test and launch new business rules on incoming machine data from thousands of connected assets.
Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) brings enormous potential to improve technical support and field operations for large original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), ISOs and healthcare networks that have thousands of medical equipment assets, a market estimated by Harbor Research to reach $11.6 billion by 2022. An artificial intelligence (AI)-powered rules engine is the foundation to deliver this value with a proactive and predictive analytics solution, according to Glassbeam. With a patented approach to integrate rules into a data pipeline, Glassbeam has now upgraded its Clinsights application suite for the healthcare provider market to define domain-specific rules and triggers for magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) and computed tomography (CT) scanners. Each day business value is being delivered by increasing machine uptime and patient throughput at over 100 healthcare facilities across the United States.
"Glassbeam is shaping the future of how medical machines are supported with higher machine uptime and tighter SLAs [service level agreements]," said Andrew Kenney, division manager, Brown's Medical Imaging (BMI). "The new Rules and Alerts engine is putting machine data to work to accomplish intelligent actions to better contain undiscovered incidents waiting to happen, improve outcomes of customer ticketing resolutions and proactively mitigate risks to our customer's infrastructure."
To empower organizations to quickly respond to support incidents in their infrastructure, the key enhancements in Glassbeam's Rules and Alerts engine include:
- Improved Rules Creation User Interface — A versatile interface to create rules and define rule ownership hierarchy, allowing multiple users to create and manage rules;
- Work and Test Rules in Private Mode, Enable When Ready for Production – Capability to create rules in private mode that provide real-time previews on how the rule would behave in production;
- Keep Track of the History in Changes to Rules – View the audit trail and historical changes in the rules' definition to understand the lifecycle of what changes were made, when and by whom;
- Rules based on Machine Learning Trigger Values – Set rules and trigger alerts based on AI/ML models to flag anomalies from sensor values, not just absolute values; and
- New APIs to Greatly Simplify the Process of Elevating Support Readiness — Configure application programming interfaces (APIs) to be called when a specific rule is triggered with flexibility on the format of the API and its payload.
The Glassbeam Rules and Alerts is an integrated offering part of the Glassbeam Analytics software suite and is available as a software-as-a-service (SaaS) offering immediately.
For more information: www.glassbeam.com