June 3, 2013 — Esaote North America announced the first U.S. installation of its G-scan Brio MRI system at the Clinica Venamer in Miami. The G-scan Brio is a musculoskeletal MRI (magnetic resonance imaging) system that enables cost-effective, weight-bearing or ‘stand-up’ MRI. For the first time, clinicians now have an easy-to-operate, fast and accurate weight-bearing MRI system highly suited for pathologies where a normal MRI appears negative, but where the patient experiences clinical symptoms.
Improved diagnosis and patient comfort
The G-scan Brio features eXP technology that combines powerful GPU hardware with advanced software. The “one-room” installation and compact, ergonomic design combined with the eXP technology delivers more accurate image acquisition and reconstruction processing for improved image quality and diagnosis, whilst operating in compact spaces (23 square meters). In addition, examination times are reduced by as much as 40 percent while maintaining image quality, thus helping to improve patient satisfaction and comfort.
“G-scan Brio gives us the ability to perform both weight-bearing and traditional supine musculoskeletal MR studies, so we can compare the two and make the most accurate diagnosis.” said Ricardo Zambrano of Clinica Venamer.
Improved cost effectiveness
A key advantage of the G-Scan Brio is its low operating costs at peak performance levels. The units have low maintenance and low power consumption, and require no expensive cryogens. Bill Conn, director of MRI marketing at Esaote North America, added, “The G-scan Brio is the first MRI system that allows our customers to offer truly cost-effective, weight-bearing or stand-up MRI. With this installation of the G-scan Brio eXP, Clinica Vermaner is at the leading edge of the trend towards providing high-quality, cost-effective, weight-bearing MRI services.”
- Optimized bed for patient positioning and high comfort level during examination;
- Light patented RF shielding — unique Esaote RF cage solution reduces siting costs;
- Ample choice of dedicated MSK coils, a total of 10 different coils targeting all anatomical areas available;
- G-scan Brio comes with a large set of specialized sequences suitable for all MSK imaging requirements; Complete set of sequences: Turbo sequences, Steady State acquisition, X-bone;
- A complete software package supplied with an extensive range of tools to display, analyze and process images; and
- Full DICOM connectivity and sophisticated storage functionality, including Dicom Worklist
For more information: www.esaoteusa.com